Part of the DFW-ACE program is participating in a hands on design project, we vary the scope, location and type of project each year so that returning Senior students get to experience more than one type of project. Each small group takes on a project and produces a design that showcases what they have learned during the year. It is during this process that students and mentors get to interact on a more hands on setting to discover and hone their talents. At the end of each year each group provides a short presentation to their peers, friends and family about their project and what they have learned during the process. Some projects that we have taken on in the past include:
- Reuse of historic buildings in down town Dallas – repurposing them for hotels, farmers markets, restaurants, etc.
- Designing an elementary school for a local neighborhood
- A Power Plant for North Texas
- Various DART stations around Dallas
- The Victory Park development near Down Town Dallas – retail shopping, museums, entertainment, lodging
- The Woodall Rodgers Deck park linking Downtown Dallas to Uptown across Woodall Rodgers Freeway, now called Klyde Warren Park
- Master planning and development around the Dallas Cowboys Stadium (AT&T Stadium) in Arlington – housing, retail, lodging, office space, parks, etc.
- Upscale High-End single family homes
- Repurposing several historical building around Dallas – movie theaters, bakery’s, sports & recreation stores, restaurants, etc.
- Participation in the design and building of CANstruction structures