M. Cristina Martinez
ACE Mentor Program of New Jersey
PO Box 200082
Newark, NJ 07102
Mentoring Firms, Sponsors, Supporters
Thanks to our many mentors, sponsors and supporters who have helped us this past year in making our affiliate such a success.
Board of Directors
Our board is comprised of local industry leaders who make a significant contribution to our affiliate. We are grateful for their continuing support. View our board members.
The ACE Mentor Program of New Jersey is the third oldest affiliate in the country, starting in 1999 with two teams in Newark. This year, we anticipate having ACE teams in Newark (2), East Orange, Jersey City, Middlesex County, Paterson, Camden, Cumberland County, Trenton, Teaneck and Morristown.
Each of the teams follows the same model:
- Mentors from architectural, construction management, and engineering firms meet with teams of 20-25 students fifteen times after school between October and March
- At these sessions, students learn what architects, construction managers and engineers do from mentor presentations and hands-on activities
- The sessions are “project driven” and just as would happen in a real world design/construction project, all members of the team participate in developing the project
- Other “real world” activities include field trips to construction sites and apprenticeship facilities.
- At the end of the ACE season, all our teams are brought together at a final presentations night and given the opportunity to “present” their projects
- The program culminates with a fund-raising breakfast at which scholarships are awarded to deserving graduates of the program.
Note: Since it began awarding scholarships in June of 2000, ACE New Jersey has awarded $428,250 in scholarships to 288 deserving graduates of the program.
To Register for the program, simply fill out the online student registration form. Be careful to select an appropriate city in the "drop down" for the city closest you. ACE New Jersey will then get in touch with you with information concerning when the teams will be organized.